Tired of Thinking About Drinking

Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Hi there.

1. Would you like to do the 100 Sober Challenge?
    Here’s the pledge:
    “I will not drink for 100 days.  No matter what.  I can cry, but I will not drink.  I can go to bed or go home early. I might feel distressed … but I will not drink.  Bad things might happen, but I will not drink.  Incredibly shitty things may happen to someone around me, or my neighbour, or my friend’s friend’s grandmother.  But there will be no booze.  Funerals? Weddings? Amputation?  I’m not drinking for 100 days no matter what happens … No matter what.”
  2. Make a note of the date of your last drink and post a comment here to let us know.
  3. Read the sober blogs (mine and others) every day. Become involved. Post comments on the blogs. The more you reach out, the more sober tools you add, the easier you’ll find it.
  4. Sign up to get daily sober motivation here.
  5. If you’d like to have a sober penpal (how cool, can’t wait to get to know you!), then sign up for the Sober Jumpstart class. There are three versions of the class — short, audio only, and long. All three versions come with a free sober penpal (me!). You can email me every single day, ask questions, rant, whine, and get cheerleading. I answer every email I receive. And yes, we remain sober penpals after the class is over. For as long as you’d like. For years.

Hugs,
Belle

(NOTE: If you HAVE signed up to do the challenge before, then you have a spot and a member number already. And we’re penpals already. Your spot is here. Just email me to restart or to tell me how you’re doing.)

Single Post Navigation

205 thoughts on “Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Comment Navigation

1. pauseandbe1 on said:

I have been reading sober blogs for over a year now. Today is my first day of the challenge. I got to 60 days before, about 2 years ago, I was in counselling but had not found the amazing array of online support available. I can’t talk to friends, most of whom drink and like me to drink with them – but then don’t we all like company in our excesses…so I am starting again, this time with this blog and others to read for support. I am inspired to read so many stories of sobriety and lapse – such strength out there!

• Today is also my day 1. I, too, have been reading sober blogs for many months and I, too, have had periods of sobriety. However, things have gotten out of hand over the past year or so and I can relate to so many things others have said here. Belle is probably my biggest inspiration, not only what she’s done for herself, but also what does for all of us. And there are a lot of us!

2. Jennifer on said:

Today is my day 1. In honor of my beloved dog Lily who’s dying of liver failure.

3. Chrissy on said:

Chrissy – Here we are day 1 AGAIN! This time it must/will be different. So here we go…..

4. JoLiz on said:

Day 41 for me! Just signed up for the 100 day challenge. Bring it on!

5. Maureen on said:

July 14th was my last day. I got appendecitis and had emergency surgery. Something in me said this is your chance, make the most of it. This is day 7 and I need to do this.

6. Day 10 of the 100 Day Challenge today for me – 1/10 of the way there. Starting to feel less fuzzy-brained. I have made it to 67 days and 34 days before and then stopped. But I will never stop trying and I believe this time I make it. Any support is welcome! And thank you Belle for being my sober coach..your calls and e-mails are the approach I seem to need to keep working on this till I succeed.

7. July 20, 2015 was the first day of my 100 day challenge.

I’ve been reading your blog and getting your emails for over a year now – in that year, I’ve lost a family member, gotten laid off, gone through a divorce and had a car crash that totaled my car. I’ve also built new friendships, met incredible people, pulled myself out of a financial crisis and am now looking at moving into my own place at the beginning of September.

During the last year, I drank almost every night – often heavily – to try and forget the pain and anxiety. I’ve finally started therapy and have been reading your blog + several books on the topic of sobriety. I recently met a man I’m interested in, and he has been completely sober for 2+ years. It’s starting to click into place

I think I’m ready – really ready – to take this 100 day break (who knows, maybe it’ll go longer?) to fully immerse myself within my self, to heal and move forward from a very difficult, alcohol-fueled year.

So, here I am, working through day 4/100. Only 96 to go – but who’s counting?

Thanks for everything you do, Belle!

8. Heather on said:

I accept the 100 day challenge. My last drink was July 21, 2015
    Heather

9. Marnie on said:

Today is my Day 1. My last drink was on 25 July, 2015. I am excited and ready, but mostly terrified.

10. Cindy Kinchen on said:

July 18th was my last day. On Day 8 now!

11. Kathleen on said:

Today is my Day 1 – July 26, 2015.

12. Anonymous on said:

Today is my day 1. I’ve never mixed well with alcohol but things have gone a little too far in the last year or so. I’m beyond ready to never again wake up wondering what I did the night before or wake up instantly filled with regret or disappointment in myself. I’ve never even attempted a period of sobriety before so I will be checking in on blogs daily to maintain focus on the goal: change.

13. today is my day one. I’m beyond ready to never again wake up wondering what I did the night before or instantly full of regret and disappointment.

14. Katie S. on said:

Today is Day 4 of my 100 day challenge.

15. LadyLily on said:

I am pledging 100 days of sobriety. Today is day 1. My last drink was July 27, 2015.

I signed up for a sober pen pal over a year ago, but wasn’t ready to quit when Belle contacted me. I actually went on a distillery tour and wine tasting the following weekend instead…I mean, that’s how much I was fooling myself about what I could “handle.”

No great disasters since then (thank goodness), but I just know deep down that I am not capable of incorporating drinking into my life in a moderate or damage-free way. My “off switch” has been disabled on and off for some time. I’m scared but I feel like I’m ready to surrender and let this go. I keep telling myself, it’s just 100 days. Then you’ll see how you feel. It’s not forever unless you want it to be.

Lily

16. Anon on said:

Today is my Day 1

17. kelly 1902 on said:

Today is my 4th Day 1 this year. I made the first 100 Day Challenge but failed the next two attempts. I am not giving up though. I love the sign–No More Day 1.

18. Today is my day one. I am excited and scared. I soooooo do not want to fail.

19. Emily on said:

I’m tired of hating myself the next day- the way I feel right now. I don’t deserve to continue living life this way. I’ve been drinking heavily for the past 12 years. For the first 10 years I was drinking nightly. The past year or so has been reduced to mostly weekend drinking, but Monday rolls around and I have anxiety and a pit in my stomach. Both of my parents drink heavily. I want a clear life, functioning and thinking properly, as my mind and body want to do.
    Last night was my last drink. Today Is day 1 of 100. I’m scared I will fail.

Comment Navigation