Tired of Thinking About Drinking

Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Hi there.

1. Would you like to do the 100 Sober Challenge?
    Here’s the pledge:
    “I will not drink for 100 days.  No matter what.  I can cry, but I will not drink.  I can go to bed or go home early. I might feel distressed … but I will not drink.  Bad things might happen, but I will not drink.  Incredibly shitty things may happen to someone around me, or my neighbour, or my friend’s friend’s grandmother.  But there will be no booze.  Funerals? Weddings? Amputation?  I’m not drinking for 100 days no matter what happens … No matter what.”
  2. Make a note of the date of your last drink and post a comment here to let us know.
  3. Read the sober blogs (mine and others) every day. Become involved. Post comments on the blogs. The more you reach out, the more sober tools you add, the easier you’ll find it.
  4. Sign up to get daily sober motivation here.
  5. If you’d like to have a sober penpal (how cool, can’t wait to get to know you!), then sign up for the Sober Jumpstart class. There are three versions of the class — short, audio only, and long. All three versions come with a free sober penpal (me!). You can email me every single day, ask questions, rant, whine, and get cheerleading. I answer every email I receive. And yes, we remain sober penpals after the class is over. For as long as you’d like. For years.

Hugs,
Belle

(NOTE: If you HAVE signed up to do the challenge before, then you have a spot and a member number already. And we’re penpals already. Your spot is here. Just email me to restart or to tell me how you’re doing.)

Single Post Navigation

832 thoughts on “Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Comment Navigation

1. Sharon on said:

Day three. I just feel a tiny bit shaky but okay. Maybe I am just nervous about other things.

2. Lacey on said:

My last drink was on April 17th. I just made 6 days sober and I have more energy and a clearer head. It’s been a tough 6 days with the constant thinking about alcohol and the urges. The monster inside is strong, but I’m determined to be stronger. After all, I’m a steel magnolia as my mom likes to call me.

3. Anonymous on said:

Day 91! And feel great!!! It is hard but much easier as months go by!!!

4. Denise on said:

Day 2…my body feels a little weird and tired, but I can laze most of the morning. Going from a typical night being a bottle of wine (with possibly an entire pizza) on week nights and more on weekends. This should change things up a bit. 🙂

5. I’m on Day 29 and I just got your e-mail about lurking and being prickly. I’m pretty sure that’s NOT me…but I thought I’d give a shout out anyways! =)

• Funny girl on said:

Day 12! I don’t think I’m too prickly either:) But maybe someone else might think differently… Cheering us all on!

6. C-Jane on said:

Today is my day 50! Many, many lessons learned. Cannot get over how good I feel. What a joy to wake up every day with no headache, no dry mouth, no fuzziness, no shame and no regrets! Honestly, I have the energy and attitude of a kid. I am blown away by the profound realization of how my drinking disempowered me. In exchange for being in la-la land for a few hours, alcohol made me feel like shit. It made me look like shit. It made my wallet bleed. The life I was trying to escape from is actually an AMAZING life. Keep going, everyone… and remember that each day you abstain from alcohol is an investment in the next day of your life.

• Marina on said:

C-Jane —–what a profound comment. As it has been said —You had me at Today!!!!! The truth is a beautiful thing!!!! You go Girl- you are seriously encouraging!! High five to you!!

• C-Jane congratulations on your Day 50 and thanks for such an inspiring post ! Today is my Day 2, on the way home from work last night I drove to 3 different liquor stores but never got out of the car. I went to bed early with my book, I feel amazing this morning with no hangover and no shame – need to remember how good this feels!

• I am at 29 and I feel the same!!! So happy you are feeling so glorious!

7. Wonderful comments. Today is my Day 88 which completely dumbfounds me. I had tried for 25+ years to stop drinking but finally I had enugh tools and used them!! And I use them every day! Belle is right–it is not about trying harder; it’s about trying differently. The first few days without drinking are very hard but the benefits of not drinking get so much better–they just compound daily. Have you read once on this site where someone said they wished they had not quit drinking?? I hope I never, ever drink again. Physically and mentally, I feel 100 percent better. Right now, I am sitting on my porch with a big mug of delicious coffee, looking at the Blue Ridge mountains. I have a totally clear head, no upset gut, and no regrets or shame. Blissful.

8. Kelly on said:

Day 2. Can’t believe I made it through day 1. Hopefully the last of many day 1’s.
    KB

• Yay!!! Welcome! Please stick with it!! I usually can’t make it past day 2 but this site has been amazing and I’m actually on day 10 and feel awesome!!!!! The first 5 days I was extremely fatigued and discouraged but that is the process and if you can be patient and push through those first 5 days you will be glad you did!!! I am gaining back my energy, my head feels clearer and I have so many activities I want to be a part of now!!! You can do it!!!

9. Pauline on said:

This is day 3 for me. Last drink on 24th April 2016. Feel a bit weird and sick but I’ve been drinking heavily for 20 years. Here’s to a different and better future

10. Edel-Ann on said:

Day 8. I wanted to share the changes in me in 8 days without a drop of alcohol/poison in me. My eyes are clear and not puffy. My side has stopped hurting which I am sure my liver is loving me for that. I am still anxious but feel it starting to go away. My weight has dropped. I can remember what I did yesterday. This one is HUGE for me, since I was in a Black Out constantly. I have money in my purse. I spent a fortune on booze. I not only bought my booze, but anyone else that was with me. Just for today I will not pick up a drink. One day at a time. Thank you Belle.

11. 1st Day. I felt really tense in the afternoon. 100 days seems pretty far.

• betsy oliver on said:

Belle says don’t try harder try differently. That’s helped me. Do something different. Something you have put off.

12. Day 5 today. This was the hardest day of the last five. But, I’ve made it through my first Friday night without a drink! I’m feeling better than I have in a long time.

13. Sshine on said:

Day 1 (again) I stayed totally sober for 10 weeks starting January 1 and then thought I’d moderate–it isn’t working so 100 days go!

14. Wvlheel on said:

I’m on day 28 but just found this website. I became sober after an intervention from my wonderful family. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Comment Navigation