Tired of Thinking About Drinking

Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Hi there.

1. Would you like to do the 100 Sober Challenge?
    Here’s the pledge:
    “I will not drink for 100 days.  No matter what.  I can cry, but I will not drink.  I can go to bed or go home early. I might feel distressed … but I will not drink.  Bad things might happen, but I will not drink.  Incredibly shitty things may happen to someone around me, or my neighbour, or my friend’s friend’s grandmother.  But there will be no booze.  Funerals? Weddings? Amputation?  I’m not drinking for 100 days no matter what happens … No matter what.”
  2. Make a note of the date of your last drink and post a comment here to let us know.
  3. Read the sober blogs (mine and others) every day. Become involved. Post comments on the blogs. The more you reach out, the more sober tools you add, the easier you’ll find it.
  4. Sign up to get daily sober motivation here.
  5. If you’d like to have a sober penpal (how cool, can’t wait to get to know you!), then sign up for the Sober Jumpstart class. There are three versions of the class — short, audio only, and long. All three versions come with a free sober penpal (me!). You can email me every single day, ask questions, rant, whine, and get cheerleading. I answer every email I receive. And yes, we remain sober penpals after the class is over. For as long as you’d like. For years.

Hugs,
Belle

(NOTE: If you HAVE signed up to do the challenge before, then you have a spot and a member number already. And we’re penpals already. Your spot is here. Just email me to restart or to tell me how you’re doing.)

Single Post Navigation

1,148 thoughts on “Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Comment Navigation

1. Elizabeth on said:

Well maybe my brain is farther gone then I imagined. I have signed up everywhere but here for the 100 day challenge! I am doing it and I’m on day 6. Finally.

2. Tricia on said:

Day 1 for me (again). In 2015 I went 8 months without drinking, the longest I have ever gone by far. I lost 20+ pounds and was deliriously happy. I fell off the wagon in Nov. and since then have fallen back into my old habits of drinking alone and drinking most days. Have gained half the weight back. No more! I feel like shit, not proud of myself. I have way better things to do than drink every day. 100 days starts today (I peeked – 100 days is the Monday after Thanksgiving).

• Elizabeth on said:

Hi Tricia and welcome! I am on day 8 and this blog along with reading through Belles first couple of months have changed everything for me. I had 9 years sober when I turned 40 (best of my life so far) and since, have been at it for another 21 years with only 1 yr sober about 5 yrs ago. I have a fantastic “forgetter” but reading through Belles first months disabled that forgetter. She kept it so real and honest- I have gained an amazing amount of strength and courage from being here and I pray you do too. And she supplies so much more support. This is the best sober site I’ve found. All the best to you. May the force be with you.

• Tricia Fitzgerald on said:

Elizabeth, thanks for the warm welcome. I too have been so impressed by this site and really want to be part of this community. Unfortunately I am starting over on Day 1 today Aug. 23. I did OK over last weekend but come Monday I fell into my usual pattern of drinking a whole bottle of wine. I really want to stop and I’m starting over today. All the best to you as well.

3. OnThePath on said:

I am doing the 100 day challenge! My last drink was 19th August 2016. Especially looking forward to being mentally switched on every day instead of just sometimes

4. Day 7. Friday night was tempting, as I seem programmed to end the week with a glass of wine (or three) in my hand. But waking up without a hangover was great.

5. A new Day 1. Had been doing well they fell off the wagon for 2 days. Why do I do this to myself. Hate those hangovers….and all for about 45 minutes of buzz … because after the first 45 minutes it’s all just being drunk. It’s like always chasing those first 45 minutes.

• Liz, resetting to day 1 again but not changing your supports/tools is just too hard. the noise in our head is too loud. let me know if you want me to send you some ideas for tools/supports. send me an email tiredofdrinking@gmail.com ,,, and for me, it wasn’t the 45 mins of buzz. it was the anticipation of drinking. once i started drinking i knew it was a mistake. the only part i liked was the before part. the part where i was still sober. hugs from me

6. Day 38. July 15, 2016 was the beginning. Just found this site last night and am signing up for everything I can. 🙂

7. 41andDone on said:

My last drink was yesterday, August 21. I am tired of being a drunk. I am afraid.

8. Day 1. My last drink was August 21, 2016. I’m really tired of drinking!

9. Last day was August 12. Ten days down, a lifetime to go!

10. Anonymous on said:

August 22. I’ve done this stupid back and forth too many times. I’m sick of being sick. And really, the smell? ewwww

11. My last drink was August 20. I have stopped too many times to count. Need to do it know. Really having a negative effect on my life.

12. My last drink was August 21. Im praying for the strength and support to do this. My life depends on it. 5 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39(Im convinced alcohol contributed to my illness). Thankfully, I beat it, but doctors tell me that drinking increases the risk of it returning. I want to see my beautiful 8 year old daughter grow up. It’s time to do this!

• Monkey7 on said:

I was diagnosed 4 years ago at 43… convinced of the same. Our poor little livers work so hard! I’m on day 125… Nearly slipped a couple times, but I run and read these and listen to podcast and use my other tools… and I give myself treats… TONS of treats!! You can do this!!

13. My last drink was August 21, 2016.

14. Liz R. on said:

My last drink was last night so today, August 23, is Day 1 of my new sober life. I am so afraid to say this because I have failed so often, what if this is another failure? But I’m determined and prepared for some difficult days. I don’t want to waste another day feeling sick and tired. What a wasted life! I’ll post here daily and hopefully that will help keep me accountable. I also look forward to reading how everyone else is doing and I’ll be reading Belle’s blog.

• I am going on 6 days sober . I was scared because on day 4 I started getting some symptoms I didn’t expect . I guess I.drank more than I realized. I’m ashamed to admit that but it’s the truth. Tomorrow makes one week. I think by two weeks I’ll feel more like myself and by one month I hope to be back to normal. Well normal without the wine to get me thru my day and nights. Its a whole new life sober and it’s kind of exciting

15. Okay, I’m in! I’m on day 16 right now. Looking forward to the next 84.

16. Resiliensea on said:

Good evening Belle, Could you please put my Day 1 on today- August 23, 2016? -Resiliensea

17. FitGirl on said:

I am on day 3 and feel really good. I actually had not had a drink for 15 days but then fell off the wagon this last Saturday. So that brought me back to day one on Sunday. But that slip up on Saturday made me remember how much I hate feeling like crap after a night of drinking. I was so tired all day Sunday and didn’t like it at all. I love the energy I feel by not drinking!

18. Anonymous on said:

Day 2 … Last drink was August 22nd. Apparently I spilled water all over my laptop by falling over drunk, breaking a vase and twisting my ankle – and vaguely remember any of it! SICK of this SHIT and sick of living the lie that I am sober…

19. farmgirl on said:

My last drink (an entire bottle of wine) was 24 hours ago, and I am beyond ready to take this challenge. The shame and guilt I feel every day has become unbearable, I’m ready to start living my life to the fullest.

20. August 19, 2016
    Day 1. I love this web site thank you Belle and all that are a part of this community.

21. Hi! I am signing up for the 100 day challenge. July 21, 2016 was my last drink. I have 35 days this time. Hitting about 5 AA meetings a week. Looking for additional material to read that is outside the AA literature. My very good & super well read girlfriend has turned me on to sober blogs! WTF, I had NO idea that this was out here and feel I have come out from under a rock!! Thanks for being here.

Comment Navigation