Tired of Thinking About Drinking

Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Hi there.

1. Would you like to do the 100 Sober Challenge?
    Here’s the pledge:
    “I will not drink for 100 days.  No matter what.  I can cry, but I will not drink.  I can go to bed or go home early. I might feel distressed … but I will not drink.  Bad things might happen, but I will not drink.  Incredibly shitty things may happen to someone around me, or my neighbour, or my friend’s friend’s grandmother.  But there will be no booze.  Funerals? Weddings? Amputation?  I’m not drinking for 100 days no matter what happens … No matter what.”
  2. Make a note of the date of your last drink and post a comment here to let us know.
  3. Read the sober blogs (mine and others) every day. Become involved. Post comments on the blogs. The more you reach out, the more sober tools you add, the easier you’ll find it.
  4. Sign up to get daily sober motivation here.
  5. If you’d like to have a sober penpal (how cool, can’t wait to get to know you!), then sign up for the Sober Jumpstart class. There are three versions of the class — short, audio only, and long. All three versions come with a free sober penpal (me!). You can email me every single day, ask questions, rant, whine, and get cheerleading. I answer every email I receive. And yes, we remain sober penpals after the class is over. For as long as you’d like. For years.

(NOTE: If you HAVE signed up to do the challenge before, then you have a spot and a member number already. And we’re penpals already. Your spot is here. Just email me to restart or to tell me how you’re doing.)

Single Post Navigation

1,332 thoughts on “Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Comment Navigation

1. long live liver on said:

I am here and I’m doing this. Last drink was Oct 12th. Today is day 2. I stopped yesterday as I was convinced I was having liver failure & completely freaked myself out. That’s no way to live. Alcohol feeds my anxiety and makes me feel like shit. I can’t actually think of a single good thing about alcohol. Not one!! I’d best hang onto that thought.
    Thanks Belle for providing this platform xx

2. WithoutAdoubt on said:

Day 1 was 10/12. Didn’t imagine I’d be doing this even a week ago. guess I didn’t know how ready I really was. Thanks, Belle, for writing that book and for all that you do! Your words are so right on they drowned out the Wolf long enough for me to get a toe in the door 🙂

3. Day 3. First weekend always hardest for me but determined. Ready to beat this down!

4. Shazzie on said:

Day 55. Was away at a seminar and drank coffee. This is not easy and I am waiting for the voice in my head to ease. I look at others sipping and drool wtf! My sleepy time tea is yummy and no worries in am!

5. Today is day 7, it’s Friday evening, the urges are strong. I’m a weekend binge drinker, today is really more like a day one for me. I know once I make it through tonight my sober car will be picking up momentum….I got this.

6. Peaceatlast on said:

Loved this. I’m going to share this with my husband.
    Day 14

7. Chrissie on said:

Last drink(s) at a family event October 15. So I guess that makes today day 1. I’m currently staying with an alcoholic parent (who’s just gone to buy a bottle) and I’m largely doing this because I’ll be damned if I’m going to be their enabler or contribute to their issues in any way while I’m here. Don’t get me wrong, I need this too and it’s not going to be easy. It’ll be good for me, and at least not make them worse (although I realise they’re more than capable of doing that on their own). So here I go, for the umpteenth time. I’m half way through Day 1.

8. Today will be Day 1 for me! Wish me luck!

• Go Becky. I bet today is day 2! During these early days what really really helped me is to listen to Belle’s One Minute Messages. I downloaded all of them that are available through the iphone podcast for free and I walked and listened. I listened at work ALL DAY LONG on repeat. I also got her audio book and listened non-stop. It really does help. Started a blog to write it out as well. Keep doing this thing. Sober suits you.

9. JohnnyB sober on said:

Wife and I are starting the 100 days sober challenge today

10. Day one.

11. I’m in, October 15

12. Today is my day 33. Forgot to post at day 30. It isn’t easy, but it is easier than waking up feeling shame and looking at my drunk self in the mirror every single day. I am actually liking me. Slowly. Sober really does suit me.

13. August 22, so I am on Day 57. It’s been a long time since I made it this far, and something has finally clicked, yay. Readings included Annie Grace’s book, This Naked Mind, built on previous works by Jason Vale and Allen Carr. Made a huge difference for me. Wonderful to be here with you all, and thank you big time, Belle, for everything you do.

14. Kickapoo on said:

I’ve been lurking for a couple of months. Last month I went 13 days straight without drinking and then started again. That’s the longest streak since 2007 (except during 2 pregnancies). I’ve basically been drunk every single night for at least 7 years and can’t figure out how I’m still a wife, mother of two small kids, work full time and manage a household. I can’t do it anymore. I’m perpetually exhausted, as my mind is entirely consumed with figuring out the logistics of when I can start drinking every day (e.g. Can I skip grocery shopping after work so I can start drinking at 4pm rather than 5pm? Can I just get take out so I don’t have to cook and can have that first drink sooner?) I never want just one – that is a joke. I want to commit to 100 days and am going to try. This blog has been very eye-opening as I see so much of myself in Belle and I really am incredibly tired of thinking about drinking.

• I was just like that, trying to figure out exactly how much of my life I can pare away to drink more/sooner. You can make it 100 days. I’m on day 107, I didn’t intend to go further than 100 days at day 0 but it seems so clear now to keep that sober car going.

• Kickapoo on said:

Thank you for the encouragement! I’ve made it to Day 5. I recently read in one of Belle’s posts that if I can just hang on until days 7-9 things will get a little better. I’m just hanging on by a thread right now. I’m trying to take care of myself but it’s hard when I have two little ones depending on me for everything and I can’t just run away and hide for a couple of weeks. I can’t even imagine making it until day 107. I just keep picturing my little car picking up speed!

15. Louisek on said:

In this moment, this is difficult. My boyfriend is moving out of state tomorrow morning WITH our dog.
    We have to clean the apt tonight (I already moved out).
    We are doing out to dinner tonight.
    I hope I can maintain.

• Play the night forward to 3:00 am when you wake with a pounding heart, dry mouth, feelings of regret and memory loss. He and your dog are still going. You just have to cope with a hangover. Or not. It’s your choice. Think about this time tomorrow night. Do you have to go to dinner? Why not sit somewhere where there is no booze available? Don’t set yourself up. Be your best friend right now. Be kind to yourself. Don’t self harm with pouring booze down your throat. It won’t help. It’s a way of hiding not coping. Tomorrow is another day. Go to bed early. Look after yourself and protect your hard fought sobriety

16. Kimberly on said:

October 18. Day 1. Please pray for me that this be my last. I need sobriety for myself and my family.

17. Anonymous on said:

Day 1 today
    I’m sweaty, tired, my head is in a bubble, but it’s day 1.
    Last drink 10/17

18. It’s time to change something. I’m tired of waking up with a fat, soggy head. I’m tired of disliking the look and feel of my body. I’m tired of feeling like a faker. Last drink yesterday, October 19. Today is day one.

19. Last Drink 10/20. Day 1.

20. Day 14. It’s been 2 years since I’ve made it this far. I thank myself every morning that I wake up sober. I have been listening to sober podcasts since last weekend, I really didn’t think they would help as much they have. Belle’sare wonderful. Hearing a person talk about what you are going through gives more strength, there’s a deeper connection.

21. Day 1 October 22 2016, drinking just makes me sad, I want happiness, energy, pride and confidence, so let’s do this!!

Comment Navigation