Tired of Thinking About Drinking

Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Hi there.

1. Would you like to do the 100 Sober Challenge?
    Here’s the pledge:
    “I will not drink for 100 days.  No matter what.  I can cry, but I will not drink.  I can go to bed or go home early. I might feel distressed … but I will not drink.  Bad things might happen, but I will not drink.  Incredibly shitty things may happen to someone around me, or my neighbour, or my friend’s friend’s grandmother.  But there will be no booze.  Funerals? Weddings? Amputation?  I’m not drinking for 100 days no matter what happens … No matter what.”
  2. Make a note of the date of your last drink and post a comment here to let us know.
  3. Read the sober blogs (mine and others) every day. Become involved. Post comments on the blogs. The more you reach out, the more sober tools you add, the easier you’ll find it.
  4. Sign up to get daily sober motivation here.
  5. If you’d like to have a sober penpal (how cool, can’t wait to get to know you!), then sign up for the Sober Jumpstart class. There are three versions of the class — short, audio only, and long. All three versions come with a free sober penpal (me!). You can email me every single day, ask questions, rant, whine, and get cheerleading. I answer every email I receive. And yes, we remain sober penpals after the class is over. For as long as you’d like. For years.

Hugs,
Belle

(NOTE: If you HAVE signed up to do the challenge before, then you have a spot and a member number already. And we’re penpals already. Your spot is here. Just email me to restart or to tell me how you’re doing.)

Single Post Navigation

909 thoughts on “Would you like to do the 100 day sober challenge?

Comment Navigation

1. Lindsay on said:

My last day was May 8, 2016. Mother’s Day and my late mother’s birthday. It seemed fitting. I’m taking a nap now.

2. Last drink was on April 9, 2016. This is first time I’ve been sober for 39 consecutive days in 40 years. I signed up for the daily motivation and it’s turned me around on a couple of Friday evenings that I was ready to give it up. Thanks for a great site. Lots of positive energy here.

3. Lesliebe on said:

My last drink was yesterday, May 18, 2016. I have been trying and trying – using various sorts of tools like AA and anti-craving medication with some improvement, but not complete sobriety. As you say, time to add something else. I’ve read your blog (and others, too) on & off for months. Engaging in on-line help is my next addition to the effort to disengage with Wolfie!

4. BT: I am glad to read someone else has been drinking for “several” years. I, too, have been a heavy drinker for 35 or so years. I just reached 111 days, which even I can’t believe. Hang in there.
    Wren1450

5. Jkwise on said:

Finishing day three and everyday has had emotional ops and downs fillies with chronic thoughts (cravings) of drinking. I’m still standing clean and alive

6. Erin on said:

I thought I had already done this, but maybe not! I’m on Day 50 today.

7. Day 6 and feeling good.

8. Maggie on said:

On Day 50 now… Ready to double that!

9. Lori on said:

My last drink was yesterday May 19th 2016. I am on day 1. Hopefully, my last day 1!

10. Day 61, going strong♡

11. Stephanie on said:

My last drink was 4/27 and it took place in a low rate motel because I was homeless.

12. Startingover on said:

Last drink was on May 15, 6 days clean now. I’ve never attempted going without for this long, but am ready to give it a shot. I’m in a relationship that is going well, but communication is hard even when sober. Doesn’t make sense to me to add the additional obstacles that alcohol introduces. I dont like the circumstances that unfold when we drink too much together. So it’s time to be the example and break my own dependence on alcohol. I’m ready for a healthier life.

13. Timeforchange on said:

Last drink was last night May 20. Woke up and journaled. Tired of living Groundhog Day every day I wake up. I am tired of spinning On the merry go round of shame. I am ready to quit drinking and start living. I have realized I love myself enough to do this for me. I am worth it.

• betsy oliver on said:

Groundhog Day. Exactly the feelings. Can’t wait to get some days behind me. Good luck to you and me.

• Coralee on said:

It is so weird but I have honestly felt more happy than I have these last 4 sober days! I have tried to quit in the past and managed to for 6 months. It was different though, I felt I had to quit. This time I WANT to quit. I am actually filled with excitement for my new way of life. I am excited to not live on my Merry Go Round of shame day after day after day! Good luck to you and all of us who as another posters aid, get to try on our sober wings!! Let’s fly!

14. Lindsay on said:

Today is day 1 for me. I drank 4 low alcohol beers last night. Funny how they call them non alcoholic, great marketing. I feel awful today. I am tired of thinking about drinking. I know that if I continue to justify the desire to moderate, I will end up getting drunk and feeling terrible physically, emotionally and mentally. I have recently acted out towards my partner because of alcohol, I yelled at him because he wouldn’t let me have a drink and punched a wall (and I wasnt even drunk). I was sober for an entire year and then binged on a vacation for a week. Then I did another year and after that I started drinking one drink every couple of weeks because I was extremely stressed which led to getting drunk a few times recently. I don’t want to go back to that so I switched to light beer. Drinking again for a short period has thrown me back into the pit, I’m craving it (especially when I am upset), I’m thinking about it and planning what situations and events I’m going to drink at in the future. I deserve a sober life. My friends and family deserve a sober me. I am back to feeling like I can’t be happy without drinking. I am back to feeling numb and dead inside. So today is day 1 for me. I do not need alcohol in my life, taking up my thoughts and my time and making me miserable (while it pretends to be the only thing that makes me happy).

15. Claudine on said:

My last drink was May 22, 2016.

16. Claudine on said:

I’m Claudine, hi. 😃 Quit Date: May 23, 2016. I’m going to do this! Thanks for the Challenge Belle🙏

17. Ginger Groundhog on said:

Last drink 21st May 2016. Always resisted the 100 day challenge for fear of failure but now I am feeling the fear and doing it anyway. Hoping my buddy Red signs herself up too.

18. Last drink was Sunday 15th May – day 8 for me today. Feeling determined!

19. sheila on said:

Hi Sheila here.

Quit date 22nd May.

Excited to start this journey… I think

20. Ellen on said:

Last drink 23rd May 2016. Count me in 🙂 Ellen

21. sarah on said:

Last drink 23rd May 2016. Excited to get my sober wings back 🙂

22. Claudine on said:

My sobriety date: May 23, 2016. Let’s do this!

23. Joanne on said:

OK I am in! I want to enjoy my summer – which usually means drinking my face off on patios, at BBQs, camping – well everywhere. But I am realizing what I really need to do to ‘enjoy my summer’ is to not be hungover every weekend. Starting today, May 24 and 100 days from today is September 1. Perfect.

24. Anonymous on said:

My last drink was May 23rd. Let’s get this party started!

25. Nate on said:

My last drink was May 25th. The day after my 38th birthday. I’ve been down this road quite a few times, some relapses worse than others. I’ve reached a point in the road of life that I want more. I’m tired of self medicating to feel OK. I look forward to this journey with all of you.

26. I am all in for the 100 day challenge- even thought I plan to exceed far past 100 days! My last drink was on April 18, 2016. Currently on day 36!

27. Coralee on said:

I love that there are so many of us on the road to better health! Day 6 for me❤️❤️❤️

Comment Navigation